Unit one: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Aleksandra Mirazchieva
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
1. The name of the employee and the employer
2. Trial period (usually it is about 3 months)
3. Description of the job
4. Salary per hr or per year
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Health and safety procedures
Pay and pensions
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Pay and pensions
Data protection (confidentiality )
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Internal sources of information : Books and documents, information from managers and colleagues
External sources of information : Job centers, Libraries
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees....