HEADQUARTERS AND HEADQUARTERS COMPANY
2nd BATTALION 108th INFANTRY
NEW YORK ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
WEEKLY CARBINE MAINTENANCE
20 February 2014
1. PURPOSE: This SOP will direct 3rd Platoon in the weekly maintenance procedures such as clearing, disassembling, cleaning, inspection for serviceability, lubricating, and reassembling for the M4 or M4A1 carbine.
2. APPLICABILITY: 3rd Platoon, HHC 2-108IN, 42ID, 27th IBCT
3. REFERENCES: Lubricate order (LO); STP 21-1-SMCT; TM 9-1005-319-10; and DA From 2404, Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet.
4. RESPONSIBILITIES: Team leaders will inspect their team for serviceability, cleanliness and Squad Leaders will be present at all times. With the squad leaders approval all weapons will then be inspect by PSG and Armorer.
a. Weapons will be checked and cleared prior to disassembly of your weapon. When clearing your weapon, put your weapon on safe, have your battle buddy ensure that the firing chamber is clear.
b. When disassembling your weapon, follow procedures IAW TM 9-1005-319-10 for proper instructions. When disassembly is completed, keep all components in a centralized location so as to prevent misplacing weapon parts.
c. Clean each part with the required weapons cleaning kit provided to you by the arms room. Ensure that all parts are free of dirt, grime, dust, and carbon.
d. Upon cleaning, inspect your weapon to ensure that there are no missing components, cracks, dents, or other discrepancies that would interfere with the weapon’s operation. Any and all discrepancies will be annotated on DA From 2404, Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet.
6. SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS: Any additional information needed to clarify procedures in the SOP, if necessary.
SGT, 3rd PLT