The poets of Non Modernism
* Wystan Hugh Auden (1907-73)
* Stephen Spender (1909-98)
* Louis Macneice (1907-63)
* Cecil Day-lewis (1904-72)
* Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
* One of the greatest writers of the 20th century.
* Known for his stylistic and technical achievements.
* Central themes are love, politics, citizenship, religion and morals.
* Poems (7 poems 1931)
* The Orators (1954)
* The Dance of Death Play.
* And Death Shall Have No Dominion
* Do not Go Gentle Into That Good Night
The Novelists of the Non Modernism
Evelyn Waugh (1903-66)
* A well known writer of novels, biography and travel books.
* Recognized as one of the greatest prose stylist.
* His major themes are religion and social realities.
* A handful of Dust(breakdown of marriage institution)
* Decline and Fall (satire on high class)
* Brideshead Revisited (religious novel)
Graham Greene (1904-1991)
* An English writer and literary critic.
* His main themes are moral, political and religious issues.
* Brighton Rock
* The Power and Glory
* The End of the Affair
* A well known English novelist. The Time Newspaper named him among their list of 50 greatest British writers since 1945.
* A Dance to the Music of Time: A best known 12 volume work.
* Afternoon Men (Romantic adventures of William Atwater)
* Venus Burg (Critical Examination of Society)
* An anglo Irish novelist.
* Writes about society from a feminine point of view with sensitivity and humour.
* The House in Paris.(Misfortunes of the children of extramarital love affairs)
* The Death of the Heart.( Misfortunes of the children of extramarital love affairs)
* The Heat of the Day (Traces the relations between individual’s personal life and politics)