Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care (HSC 037)
Understand own responsibilities, and try the responsibilities of others, relating to health and safety
Identify legislation relating to health and safety in the health and safety work setting
1. The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
2. Reporting of Injury, Disease and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR)
3. The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA)
4. Food Safety Act 1990
5. Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) 2002
6. Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (PPE) 1992
7. Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (amended 2002)
8. Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998’
Explain the main points of health and safety policies and procedures agreed with the employer
The main Health and safety policies and procedures with my employer are that the employer will carry out risk assessments to make sure there are no health and safety issues in the work place to protect us and to have a duty of care to others, to provide a safe and healthy place to work, to keep temperatures at a safe level to protect staff and residents, to keep equipment safe, make sure the work places are well ventilated, to make sure we have windows that can open and close, and to protect people from falls etc.
Analyse the main health and safety responsibilities of
My main health and safety responsibilities in work would be to follow the training that I have been given, to co-operate on my manager’s health and safety rules and to take reasonable care of your own and other people’s health and safety.
The employer or manager:
The employer has a responsibility to follow the regulation which is known as the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act 1974’. This is An Act to make further provision for securing the health, safety and welfare of persons at work,...