• Beginning of the chapter starts with completing his creation, which he spend 2 years.
1. When he collects the instruments of life, he gets anxious.
1. When he saw the monster, instead of handling the monster, he runs away from it.
• Doesn’t take responsibility; child-like
1. He found out the monster disappeared while he was out.
2. He instead of looking for monster, he hope to forget about his creation.
3. Pretends like it’s not his problem.
• Doesn’t consider repercussions
1. Victor was so busy on the project for 2 years, he just forgot about family and social environment.
• “How can I describe my emotions at this catastrophe, or how delineate the wretch whom with such infinite pains and care I had endeavoured to form? His limbs were in proportion, and I had selected his features as beautiful. Beautiful! Great God! His yellow skin scarcely covered the work of muscles and arteries beneath; his hair was of a lustrous black, and flowing; his teeth of a pearly whiteness; but these luxuriances only formed a more horrid contrast with his watery eyes, that seemed almost of the same colour as the dun-white sockets in which they were set, his shrivelled complexion and straight black lips.” (42. 10-20).
1. Describing the monster.
• “Oh! No mortal could support the horror of that countenance. A mummy again endued with animation could not be so hideous as that wretch. I had gazed on him while unfinished; he was ugly then, but when those muscles and joints were rendered capable of motion, it became a thing such as even Dante could not have conceived.”
1. That monster even worse than before, when he was making it.
• “I stepped fearfully in: the apartment was empty, and my bedroom was also freed from its hideous guest. I could hardly believe that so great a good fortune could have befallen me, but when I became assured that my enemy had indeed fled, I clapped my hands for joy and ran down to...